End of Term 2012
The End of Term project has resumed for an End of Term 2012-2013 archive, and we need help to identify websites for collection, particularly those that might be most at-risk of change or deletion at the end of the presidential term. If you or your organization would like to participate by nominating important websites for capture to help us build this archive, please use our Nomination tool. Read more about the project here.
Who can help:
We're looking look for government document experts, subject experts, and any others interested in helping identify U.S. Federal Government websites for collection and preservation.
What you can do:
Nominations of any U.S. Federal Government domains are welcome. There are a few topic areas that we particularly need assistance identifying, including but not limited to:
- Judicial Branch websites
- Important content or subdomains on very large websites (such as NASA.gov) that might be related to current Presidential policies
- Government content on non-government domains (.com, .edu, etc.)
Volunteer nominators will be asked to contribute as much time and effort as they are able, whether it be a nomination of 1 website or 500 websites. Nominators will be given access to the Nomination Tool, which is an easy-to-use tool created by the University of North Texas to help with collaborative selection projects. Volunteers are asked to submit some simple metadata about the site that they are nominating. To participate, please use our Nomination tool.
- January 2012: Project team will begin accepting early nominations of priority websites via the Nomination Tool.
- Summer 2012: Recruitment of curators/nominators to help identify additional websites for prioritized crawling.
- July/August 2012: Bookend (baseline) crawl of government web domains begins.
- Summer/Fall 2012: Partners will crawl various aspects of government domains at varying frequencies, depending on selection polices/interests. Team will determine strategy for crawling prioritized websites.
- November - February 2012-13: Crawl of prioritized websites.
- January 2013: Depending on the outcome of the election, focused crawls will be conducted as needed during this period.
- Spring or Summer 2013: Bookend crawl, plus additional crawl of prioritized websites as determined by team.